There are a great many odd and curious events that mark American History; many ultimately shaped and sheered to fit an acceptable narrative; one easily fed to the public as plausible particularly at a time when shock, dismay, fear and anxiety make the conscience easily susceptible to suggestion which then allows the well-crafted lyrics to appear all the more plausible.
For me, I find four key events critical to the redirecting of the American Ideal away from its founding compass:
- War of 1812: Resolved to the permanent hemispheric presence of the British as wells as providing the leach-hole thru which the fractional reserve banking system would affect permanent political and economic ties with the British and European Banking Families.
- Civil War/Assassination of Abraham Lincoln: Abraham Lincoln holds a permanent place in American Historical Lore for his role in the abandonment of slavery’s practices and the saving of the Union however few ever consider the outcome of two critical issues: (A.) Setting aside the question of slavery for the moment I’ve always been troubled by one key point: Understanding the origins of our own Declaration of Independence is there not a case for claiming that the Confederation of Southern States had a right to cede from the Union? And (B.) Yes, John Wilkes Booth’s, as the ever present lone/crazed gunman, is without a doubt the man responsible for pulling the trigger taking Lincoln’s life however have we every fully considered the following: How would the South’s Reconstruction differed had Lincoln lived thru his second term? Regardless of your position with respect to either of these two issues there should be no doubt that Lincoln’s ambitions for a post Civil War era are inconsistent with what occurred.
- Federal Reserve Act of 1913: This single legislative act forever altered the political and economic sovereignty of the U.S. Whether it be the U.S.’s enduring war-footing complex, the wholesale dismantling of the Nation’s Economic Infrastructure, the degrading Legislative processes of Government, the surrendering of U.S. Economic Capacity to Global Banking & World Trade Organization or right on down to the rapacious debt-funded spending practices there is no more durable causal relationship linking this Nations failures more explicitly than this single event.
- Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Regardless of one’s opinion as to the reasons for JFK’s assassination or, for that matter, the influences behind its occurrence, one fact is certain: The American Ideal was permanently damaged; the American Public was introduced to the most powerful truth of all; one so powerful that most Americans quietly surrendered their faith in the Ideal’s durability and this breach forever altered the Public Relationship with Government. What truth did the Public discover? Very simple: Government was both incapable and unwilling to honor the sacred covenant contained within the Founding Documents. The Consenting Governed discovered that the artifice of Government, their Government(s), were for sale at any price. Many joined in the feeding frenzy, became administrators of it or quietly surrendered to it.
- September 11, 2001: First; it is not politically, logistically, economically or rationally possible for the U.S. to maintain a permanent war footing in support of a Global Economic Agenda; end of story. I am, today, more convinced than ever that the attacks of 9/11 are the direct result of a Global Economic Agenda that seeks to conjoin or otherwise merge a First Century Social and Religious structure into a contemporary scheme that also includes once sovereign states; consider that there are reasons for the irrational extremes of Jihad. Ironically, nearly thirteen years after the event what have the American People to show for this “Great War”? Well the most conspicuous is the explosion in the militant nature of Government; the effect on your ability to move freely about our own Country; the invasion of privacy whether in your phone conversation, mail or by many other forms of electronic eavesdropping. The militarization of the U.S. Domestic environs has far surpassed any former attempt; the standing of the U.S. Bill of Rights has been severely diminished.
Government has become its own instrument of influence learning, perfecting and adapting to years of practice. Through the use of controlled actions it has easily penetrated the Public Conscience with numerous schemes each, by no surprise, not at all intended to extend the implicit rights of the Declaration of Independence or the instrument intentional and specifically designed to protect the same: The U.S. Constitution.
In several articles over the years I’ve referred to this “controlled action” through the use of a very simple term: The Manufactured Crisis. The concept appears many times in my work as a tool for identify the various schemes and motives which lie back of them. Most recently, in one of my books (Value Given, Value Received) we speak quite candidly about the issue in my essay on U.S. Monetary Policy and I recommend that you read it. What the Public must understand is that this philosophy is pervasive, actively used and applied to contort and dismantle your native thought process.
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. …We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Propaganda is the executive arm of the invisible government.” – Edwin Bernays, the Father of Public Relations
Mr. Bernays had quite a following; his list of Clients included several U.S. Presidents, early 20th Century Power Elite and his influence was not merely confined to the U.S.; one of his most ardent and committed followers was none other than the Third Reich’s Minister of Propaganda, one Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels. The following quote, taken nearly verbatim from one of Mr. Bernays essays, is one used most frequently by this well-known Nazi:
“Today there seems to be only one absolute thing: relativism.”
How superbly indifferent! Your standing, as an extension of Divine Intention in possession of unalienable sovereign rights “…that among these being life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”, are henceforth deemed relative; relative to whom?
The current crops of Manufactured Crisis are as blisteringly venomous and equally adolescent as any before and yet I confess that I am prone to wonder if the American Public is able to identify the root influence of each. To my mind, individually as to substantive value, they are each largely irrelevant as key to the expansion, preservation and expression of your unalienable rights.
Consider for yourself:
- 30 Million Uninsured gave you Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA) the effect of which will fully diminish what remains of the existing healthcare system; for all Americans.
- Making the World Safe for Democracy (as a defense against the “Terrorist Threat”) has given you Drone Strikes and the suspension of habeas corpus as well as critical features contained within the Bill of Rights.
- Debt-Funded Spending has given life to the “Fiscal Cliff” and unfunded spending commitments; now to the tune of $113 Trillion.
- Taxing the Rich as a mechanism for revenue generation brought us an extension of the “Bush Tax Cuts” with no consideration to actually addressing critical problems with the Revenue Code.
- Voiding/Ignoring existing Immigration Statutes now supports a need for more Immigration Legislation not as a mechanism for actually purifying existing Immigration Policy but merely as a tool for expanding political influence.
- The General Welfare Clause is now to be applied to the lowest possible common denominator (approximately three percent of the population). By some extreme breach of reason 3% is now equivalent to “General” which apparently now justifies Government action on the constitutionally unsupportable notion of “Same Sex Marriage”. I suggest that consideration be given to what “standing” means with respect to the U.S. Constitution; the last I checked the criteria was Male, Female and Race; not “choice”.
- Sequestration is yet another marvelous Manufactured Crisis that represents a prime example of Political Driven Imperatives taking priority of conscious and deliberate purpose.
- Rising Fuel Costs, particularly at the pump, is indicative of a mass-assembly of cross-political purpose(s). The Federal and State Governments imposing taxes on fuel (some States as high as 63 cents), multi-state irregularities in fuel blends and at the same time licensing the wholesale speculation of commodities (you have Dodd-Frank to thank for this) that essentially elevate pricing beyond non-market (demand-based) pricing; all in support of a lotto-style financial routine directly intended to keep the U.S. Banking System liquid and attempt keeping demand for U.S. Currency durable even though the diminishing value of the U.S. Dollar itself yields inflationary forces which also effect commodity prices.
Over the years I have had the opportunity to meet and observed many Politicians and I am struck by one overwhelming theme: My how extraordinarily ordinary they are. Truthfully it is not my intentions to assert the comment as an insult, at least not purposefully, however provisionally I am clear that many of the individuals Americans vote into office are held with a factor of esteem that clearly they are not worthy of and I am certain that they are ruled by the very mechanisms that Bernays freely asserted. The fact that, as elected leaders, they do not themselves recognize these illusions for what they are is perhaps a far greater weakness that most, as yet, have not even considered an attempt to grasp the significance of this gesture.
The point being of course is that the only resolution to all of this is for the American Public to develop a virulent stream of conviction; one which will drive the voting public to reverse their institutional though processes and become extremely discriminating and sovereign as to thought with respect to the people they elect. We must excise the malignancy that exists and until that happens I see no reason to believe the current trend will reverse; the environment will only further degrade.
The effective use of the Manufactured Crisis will continue until such time as the American People are unwilling to endure the pain and the truth of this cannot be overstated.
“They would not listen, they’re not listening still; Perhaps they never will.”
– Vincent by Don McLean
Curtis C. Greco, Founder